We pause from our normal programming for this brief public announcement. (In other words… “It’s time to pay the bills, kids!)
Remote Service Engineer with Cisco Call Manager (1188)
We have an urgent need for a Remote Service Engineer with Cisco Call Manager experience! For more information email me here, or comment below.
- Greenwich CT – 1 American Lane, near White Plains Airport (just off exit 3 of I-684)
- Manhattan, NY
This position will support a wide range of IT infrastructure technology, including desktop, systems, networking, and have a focus toward resolving Cisco telephony issues. This person will work closely with a higher-level Cisco UC Engineer and have a likely growth path into more senior UC work.
Successful candidates are provided long-term career growth through senior engineering functions within our rapidly growing firm. The Service Desk position requires high levels of professionalism, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and their utilization in state of the art trading environments. Work in-house in a technology rich, team-based, learning environment.
- Rapidly growing MSP- 30% growth per year – every year.
- Opportunity to learn the hedge fund industry
- Learn and apply top technology to some of the world’s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
Beyond this, successful candidates must:
- Act as visible and critical front-line interface to our full range of (largely) hedge fund clients. Communicate and provide direct support to all levels of IT management and staff, as well as non-IT business professionals- including Portfolio Managers, Traders, and analysts.
- Must utilize strong technical skills and business judgment to provide effective technical support and as required escalation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve day-to-day technical issues and implement monitoring and patching.
- Work closely with engineers across all teams; Desktop Support, Systems and Network Engineering,
- Must provide meticulous attention to detail and follow through to ensure all tickets/problems are effectively resolved.
- Cisco telephony/VoIP suites, especially Call Manager.
- Installing, activating software (Microsoft, Bloomberg, Reuters, Redi, Quickbooks)
- Support mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberry etc.), often to high-level business professionals traveling remotely.
- Support user requests relating to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 7, networking and applications support.
- Build, Deploy, Repair, Maintain hardware (including Desktops, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, peripherals)
- Monitoring systems (PRTG, Sitescope). Support ongoing NOC function as part of overall systems monitoring and support. Determine false-positives from live issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot network issues, traceroute/pings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in providing IT Support, with-in a server-based business environment where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently, and demonstrated self-direction/self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Extensive experience with
- Win7, Server 03, Server 08. Win8 and Server 2012 are a plus.
- Cisco Telephony – VoIP / CUCM / Call Manager
- Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange
- TCP/IP protocol stack
- Routers, firewalls, switches. Cisco troubleshooting in particular.
- Applications, especially advance Outlook helpful- as is PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable but not required.I
10 am – 7 pm
Ability to work weekends (weeks can be Sun – Thurs, Mon – Fri, or Tues – Saturday
An industry-leading Managed Service Provider (MSP) that serves some of the country’s finest hedge funds. The company has rapid and consistent annual growth rate and is known for best-in-class service. Ample opportunity for professional growth and long-term career future. A Cisco partner company.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full-time, salaried plus annual bonus, with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer a 401k contribution of 3% that vests immediately, along with a host of other corporate benefits.
The company is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business. We also hire from within – these roles have excellent career potential and growth opportunities.
To see other open positions we may have, please click here!