We pause from our normal programming for this brief public announcement. (In other words… “It’s time to pay the bills, kids!)
We have an urgent need for a Remote Service Engineer with Cisco Call Manager experience in the Greenwich, CT area! For more information email Bill@AscendITStaffing.com or comment below.
Position: Remote Services Engineer
- Greenwich CT – 1 American Lane, near White Plains Airport (just off exit 3 of I-684)
This position will support a wide range of IT infrastructure technology, including desktop, systems, networking, and have a focus toward resolving Cisco telephony issues. This person will work closely with a higher-level Cisco UC engineer and have a likely growth path into more senior UC work.
Successful candidates are provided long-term career growth through senior engineering functions within our rapidly growing firm. The Service Desk position requires high levels of professionalism, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and their utilization in state of the art trading environments. Work in-house in a technology rich, team-based, learning environment.
- Rapidly growing MSP- 30% growth per year – every year.
- Opportunity to learn the hedge fund industry
- Learn and apply top technology to some of the world’s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
Beyond this, successful candidates must:
- Act as visible and critical front-line interface to our full range of (largely) hedge fund clients. Communicate and provide direct support to all levels of IT management and staff, as well as non-IT business professionals- including Portfolio Managers, Traders, and analysts.
- Must utilize strong technical skills and business judgment to provide effective technical support and as required escalation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve day-to-day technical issues and implement monitoring and patching.
- Work closely with engineers across all teams; Desktop Support, Systems and Network Engineering,
- Must provide meticulous attention to detail and follow through to ensure all tickets/problems are effectively resolved.
- Cisco telephony/VoIP suites, especially Call Manager.
- Installing, activating software (Microsoft, Bloomberg, Reuters, Redi, Quickbooks)
- Support mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberry etc.), often to high-level business professionals traveling remotely.
- Support user requests relating to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 7, networking and applications support.
- Build, Deploy, Repair, Maintain hardware (including Desktops, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, peripherals)
- Monitoring systems (PRTG, Sitescope). Support ongoing NOC function as part of overall systems monitoring and support. Determine false-positives from live issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot network issues, traceroute/pings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in providing IT Support with-in a server-based business environment where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently, and demonstrated self-direction/self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Extensive experience with
- Win7, Server 03, Server 08. Win8 and Server 2012 are a plus.
- Cisco telephony – VoIP / CUCM / Call Manager
- Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange
- TCP/IP protocol stack
- Routers, firewalls, switches. Cisco troubleshooting in particular.
- Applications, especially advance Outlook helpful- as is PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable but not required.
10 am – 7 pm
Ability to work weekends (weeks can be Sun – Thurs, Mon – Fri, or Tues – Saturday
An industry-leading Managed Service Provider (MSP) that serves some of the country’s finest hedge funds. The company has rapid and consistent annual growth rate and is known for best-in-class service. Ample opportunity for professional growth and long-term career future. A Cisco partner company.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full-time, salaried plus annual bonus, with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer a 401k contribution of 3% that vests immediately, along with a host of other corporate benefits.
The company is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business. We also hire from within – these roles have excellent career potential and growth opportunities.